THE WINE DEMYSTIFIER LIMITED
Terms and Conditions of Business Use. Last updated: October 2022
This website is maintained by The Wine Demystifier. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Wine Demystifier, who provide this website, including all information, products and services available from this site to you, the user, dependent upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices mentioned here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage our services and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). These Terms apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, customers, and/or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
Any new content, services or features which are added to the current website/service shall also be subject to these Terms. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms by adding updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the addition of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse service or orders to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Warranties: We warrant that the wines will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order. Ownership of the goods shall not pass to the buyer until we have received in full all sums due.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Availability – Wine is an agricultural product and runs out from time to time. In the case of a vintage change, it may not always be possible to provide the specific vintage stated and we will provide you with the latest vintage that is available to us.
- Customer satisfaction – If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact us at email@example.com
At the Wine Demystifier, we aim to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
We are continually improving our service, but if you have any particular ideas or suggestions about how we can improve, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone under 18 years of age. By agreeing to these Terms and by ordering from The Wine Demystifier you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age. For any tastings we also reserve the right to request age verification and may decline entry should we not be satisfied that you are at least 18 years of age.
- We will not sell wine to anyone who isn’t 18 years old or over. When you register your details you will be required to confirm you are 18 years old or older. By placing an order you also confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are buying a case of wine as a gift – the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request ID (Driving Licence, PASS card 18+ or Passport). If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, our couriers will be unable to leave the wine. In these instances the buyer will be liable to pay for any additional delivery and administrative costs incurred.
Alcohol will not be delivered to anyone who appears intoxicated.
Please drink responsibly and refer to drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
Prices and payment
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice
- Prices may change due to other circumstances beyond our control such as vintage changes and increases in HMRC’s alcohol duty.
- Prices shown are based on orders for a minimum of 6 bottles. Where single bottles are requested (with a value of under £50), we reserve the right to charge a £2.50 admin fee to process the order.
- All efforts will be made to ensure correct pricing on our website. In the unlikely event of an error in pricing, we will not be liable to provide the wine/product at the erroneous price however will contact you to ascertain if you would like to continue with the order at the correct pricing or prefer a refund in full.
To place an order please call 07881 290 131 or send an enquiry to email@example.com We will generate an invoice which will be emailed to you with our payment details. We don’t currently accept payments over the phone or through our website. As we are not currently VAT registered, all our invoices and prices are VAT free.
We will dispatch your wine once your order has been paid for and the delivery date has been agreed. Until point of dispatch when we accept your order and enter into a contract with you, we may reserve the right to cancel the order without reason, to inform you of this and provide a full refund of payment taken.
- We only accept orders for delivery to physical addresses. We do not accept orders for delivery to P.O. boxes
- We operate a challenge 25 policy and we reserve the right to withhold delivery if the recipient is unable to provide proof of age. Should no one be home, please advise alternative details where you would like the wine to be delivered. Any change to the usual delivery address must be advised prior to despatch.
- Although we make every effort to ensure orders are delivered on time, all delivery dates and times are only estimates and not guarantees.
- Where we deliver: We will deliver your wine to destinations in mainland England, Wales and Southern Scotland. Other UK destinations are available upon request.
- Local deliveries (within 7 miles of our Croydon depot) and orders over £175 are free of charge otherwise delivery for a case will be £8.99 – (for orders of less than 3 bottles £10.99). For destinations such as Highland Scotland or the Islands, please contact us for details of additional delivery costs.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God.
Refunds & Returns
All efforts will be made by us to provide you with wine in perfect condition and as intended by the winemaker. If you do find a faulty bottle, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a replacement bottle or refund if a replacement is not possible. We will ask for the bottle to be returned by you (at our cost) for analysis.
You may return your order for any reason within 7 days of receiving it should the wines remain unopened and in good, resaleable condition. We must be advised in writing in this instance at email@example.com so that we can contact you to arrange collection. In this event, we reserve the right to charge a collection fee as levied by our courier company, but otherwise all fees will be refunded in full within 7 days of receipt by us.
- You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 7 working days from the day after the date you receive your wine, provided all of the products are unopened and intact.
- In order to cancel your order you must call us on 07881 290 131 or notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is your responsibility to hold onto the wine and take reasonable care of it until we come to collect it. Once we have confirmation the case is collected we shall reimburse the price of the wine within 7 working days.
- Any products collected by our carrier must be in their original box to avoid further breakages, where possible. If the packaging has become damaged or weakened the courier will not accept the package. Please call us before requesting a collection, or as soon as possible, if this is the situation.
- Sorry to have to state the obvious, but once the wine has been delivered, in accordance with any specified delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient’s responsibility.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or inaccurately described goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. If you have any queries regarding delivery please contact us.
Damaged or faulty goods
If your order is damaged you can refuse to sign for it, after which it will be returned to us. Please take a minute to examine your parcel upon delivery and if there is any damage, tell us about it on the courier’s delivery note when you sign. All claims must be made within 24 hours of delivery by email to email@example.com or phone 07881 290 131. We will either process a full refund or re-send the package dependent on the circumstances.
Should the courier company be unable to deliver for any reason caused by you, we will not be liable for the charge of re-delivery at another date/time and will ask that this charge is covered by you prior to re-delivery
Recommend a Friend
If you have recommended The Wine Demystifier Wine Club to a friend who then purchases, you will receive a 10% discount off your next case.
Recommend a friend benefits do not apply to members of the same household living at the same address or using the same credit/debit cards.
We require a minimum of 6 people for these events and bookings must be confirmed at least two weeks prior to the event. This enables us to ensure any requisite licence is in place in order to allow wine tastings to be carried out at your venue.
At time of booking we ask for a deposit of £100 which is non-refundable, the remaining balance will be invoiced following the event and should be paid within five working days.
Should the tasting be cancelled within 48 hours of the event, we reserve the right to request additional payment to cover the cost of the wines already purchased
Please provide postcode information at time of booking as there may be additional travel costs incurred on top of the fees quoted. These will be charged at cost.
It is a stipulation of the Licensing Act 2003 that we do not serve alcohol to people who appear to be intoxicated nor offer events to anyone under the age of 18 years. We will request age verification at the time of booking.
- You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this web site, and to the business of The Wine Demystifier Limited, the structure, design and layout of the web site and the styles of the wines.
- You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
Limitation of Liability
- we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling of our products. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
- Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build-up of gases, extra care should be taken when opening these.
Information Available On Our Website
While all efforts will be made to the contrary, we will not be held responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information which is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.